|Contact Details||Section officer (S&F Section) at phone no. 011-23389608 or through E-Mail at: :firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1. Title||Scheme for Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields|
|2. Scope||This Scheme seeks to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music.|
|3. Number||Total Number of Scholarships 400|
|4. Subjects/ Fields in which Scholarships can be awarded||
(1) Indian Classical Music
|5. Duration and Term of Scholarship||
The duration of scholarship will be two years.
|6. Conditions of Eligibility||(a)
Candidates should be Indian Nationals;
(b) Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively;
(c) Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively;
(d) As the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field.
(e) The candidate should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application;
(f) Candidates should have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
(g) The candidate's age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st April of the year in which the application is being made. Age relaxation is not permissible.
|7. Advertisement||An advertisement inviting applications will be issued by the Ministry of Culture every year.|
|8. Documents to be submitted with application||Following documents are required to be submitted along with the Application in response to the advertisement:
(1) One attested copy of degrees, diplomas and certificates, etc. if any, in support of statement made regarding education qualifications, experiences, etc. in the application. In no case should the original documents be attached.
(2) One attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate, if any, or other satisfactory evidence of age (other than horoscope).
(3) One passport size recently taken photograph; the candidate applying for dance should send, in addition, three photographs in costume in full form in actual different dancing poses.
(4) In the case of candidates applying for scholarships in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to send attested copies of photographs of the original works along with their application duly attested by the Supervisor/Head of the Institution and incase of Music one audio cassette of the applicant’s recording should be attached with the application tightly with a tag. The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent.
(5) Application duly completed should be forwarded to the Section Officer, S&F Section, Ministry of Culture, NAI Building Annexe, Second Floor, Janpath, New Delhi – 110001 (incomplete application or application received after the prescribed date will not be considered).
(6) Separate application should be submitted for each field, if the candidate wants to apply for more than one field.
(7) As the scholarships are awarded for advanced training, the candidates should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
|9. General||1. Candidates recommended as a result of preliminary selection will be required to appear for an interview /performance before an Expert Committee. The selection will be made purely on merit.
2. The Rules etc. above are subject to change at the discretion of the Government.
3. No enquiry will be entertained regarding the result of the selection of candidates for award of scholarships. However, candidates will be informed of the result after the final selection has been made.
4. No request for return of the application etc. will be entertained.
5. Results of the selection will be communicated to the selected candidates after the final selection.
6. Any changes in the address may be notified to this Ministry. While doing so the subject/field of training for which application was sent should invariably be given.
7. For any future correspondence, the candidate MUST give the following particulars:-
(a) Name of the Scheme.
(b) Name of the candidate in block capital letters.
(c) Subject/Field of training.
(d) Registration Number, if communicated to the candidate.
|10. Note: Indicative List of Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Art||Puppet Theatre
(A) Shadow Puppets
1. Ravanchaya of Orissa
2. Chamdyacha Bahulya of Maharashtra,
3. Thol Pavakoothu of Kerala
4. Tholu Bommalattam of Tamilnadu
5. Tholu Bommalattam of andhra Pradesh
6. Tolagu Gombe Atta of Karnataka
(B) Rod or string Puppets
7. Putulnautch of West Bengal
8. Kathpulti of Rajasthan
9. Gombeatta of Karnataka
10. Pavakuthoo of Kerala
11. Bommalattam of Tamil Nadu
12. Sakhi-Kundhei of Orissa
13. Kalasutri Bahuley of Maharashtra
14. Chadar Badar of Bihar
(C) Glove Puppets
15. Gulabo Sitabo of Uttar Pradesh
16. Pawa Kathakali of Kerala
(D) Traditional Theatre
1. Harikatha of Kathakalashepam
2. Thevaram, Tirupugazh, Kavadicchindu
3. Bhajan & Abhangas of Maharashtra
4. Songs of various religious sects.
5. Sankirtan of Manipur
6. Baul of Bengal
7. Divyaprabndam and Araiya sevai
1. Women's songs of all regions
2. Songs for children and by children
3. Songs relating to the epics
4. Songs of various castes
5. Songs of Mother Goddess of all regions
6. Various types of Lavanis of Utter Pradesh Gujrat, Maharashtra, Karnataka
7. Gaulans of Maharashtra
8. Kuravanji Songs of the South
9. Kalgi Tura of various regions; including Nagesi Hardesi (Karnataka)
10. Songs of Goravas (of Kalgi Tura)
11. Gondhals of Karnataka and maharashtra
12. Bingi Pada (antike pantike)
13. Tattva songs (ektari mela)
14. Kinnari jogi songs
17. Gundika pada
18. Jokumara Songs
19. Songs of dombui dasa (ballad)
20. Songs of nila gara
21. Pandhari Bhajans
22. Songs of rivayat (saval-javab) and Marsiya kahani
23. Folk and Tribal musical instruments
24. Ensemble playing (Panchamukha-Vadya Karadi, Majlu, Valaga, Citti, Mela, Chhakri, Anjuman, etc
Other Miscellaneous Traditional forms
(1) Pena lsei of Manipur
(2) Folk Music (Caste Music)
(3) Maand of Rajasthan.
(4) Ranamalyem of Goa.
(5) Deodhani of Assam
(6) Chandayani of Madhya Pradesh
(7) Bhand Jasan of Kashmir.
(9) Study of Tibetan Painting and Wood Craft at the library of Tibetan Works and archives, Dharamsala.
The list is illustrative and not exhaustive.